Thursday, September 25, 2008

Last day..

So:
Walking around a graveyard, not creepy.
Looking at a memorial for people whom have been the victims of humanity at its worst, again, not so creepy.
The fact that my English teacher didn't care that the memorial was a huuuge spoiler for the Crucible, kinda creepy.
Salem is a pretty cool place that apparently enjoys Halloween 12 months of the year, not much to complain about there. However, the vast amount of museums there are tedious, especially since we ended up visiting one of them; the Peabody Essex. Which really wasn't that bad, nice primary sources of the cultures around the world, and many of the historic pieces really were more art than function. I kinda liked it.
I was very disappointed that the Egyptian/Cleopatra part of the museum was closed.
Soon after we left the museum we went to a small Deli, which was really more trouble than it was really worth, and then we trailed up to both the 'Ye Olde Pepper Candy Companie' (the oldest candy shop in America), and the Seven Gable House.
We drove a bit more, and I caught up with a bit more sleep, and I found myself eating Lobster.
Now I honestly remember eating lobster as a small child and loving it, however I don't think I've disliked anything so much. Ever...Maybe it was the way it was made, who knows. This was followed by some refreshing ice cream, it ended up being more yummy than expected.
As the last act in the trip we went and saw a comedy; Sheer Madness. A play that had way to many puns and pop culture references but in the end the wittiness of the play ended up being worth it; having different endings that would occur depending on the audience.

No comments: